Carrots the Cat Saves Pensioner After Mobile Catches Fire and Sets Bedroom Ablaze!

UNITED KINGDOM – Carrots sprang right to the rescue of Lorraine Farley, 66, by frantically pummelling her chest after the freak fire erupted in her bedroom torching the furniture and carpet.

Miss Farley suffered burns on her feet as she successfully managed to escape with two friends staying with her and alert the fire brigade.

Lorraine Farley was saved by her pet Carrots after her phone exploded setting fire to her bedroom
Lorraine Farley was saved by her pet Carrots after her phone exploded setting fire to her bedroom

 

She is now praising her beloved 12-year-old black and white puss.

Miss Farley, of Exmouth, Devon, stated: “The firemen told me that if it hadn’t have been for dear old Carrots I wouldn’t be here.

“I think all the love I have given her over the years, she gave back to me all at once.

“Carrots saved my life.

“It makes me a bit emotional to say the least.”

The teary pensioner added: “She can’t understand me.

“But if she would talk I’d tell her how grateful I am and how she’ll always be with me and be so loved.

“I was so grateful Carrots got out unharmed.”

Carrots rescued the sleeping Miss Farley by banging on her chest to wake her up
Carrots rescued the sleeping Miss Farley by banging on her chest to wake her up

 

Lorraine went on to say that she wants to alert people to the dangers of leaving phones charging overnight.

“Carrots usually sleeps at the bottom of my bed.

“I’d imagine she was trying to get me to wake up for a while.

“She was amazing, jumping up and down to try and get my attention,” she stated.

“Carrots is only a little cat.

“I had two people staying with us as well at the time.”

The blaze broke out after Lorraine’s phone charger, which was plugged in next to her bed, developed a fault.

Flames licked all around her head, quickly destroying her pine headboard, pillows, and bedside table – and turning her carpet into a sea of fire.

A frantic Carrots ran right into her owner’s room and sitting room, where friends were sleeping, in a desperate bid to wake them up.

The pensioner was treated in hospital for burns on her feet
The pensioner was treated in hospital for burns on her feet

 

Miss Farley, who has had Carrots since she was just a mere kitten, stated: “I’d gone to sleep.

“The next thing I knew she was jumping up and down on me.

“I opened my eyes and all I could see were flames – it was terrifying.

“I jumped onto the carpet, which was covered in flames, and it welded to my feet.

“My two friends came into my bedroom just as I was getting out of bed. “I ran out to the balcony and put my feet in water.“

Miss Farley, who’s recovering quite well after having her injured feet treated in hospital, added: “I was in a complete daze.

“I didn’t know what was going on.

“I was just so shocked. “I don’t remember going to the hospital.

“One minute I was asleep in bed.

“The next thing I was in the hospital with burned feet.”

Source

(Visited 190 times, 1 visits today)
Join The Best Cats Here!