TEXAS – A 25-year-old man sadly was killed earlier this week when he was electrocuted while walking through floodwaters from Tropical Storm Harvey in order to feed his sister’s cat.
Andrew Pasek was just wading through water with a pal in Bear Creek Village last Tuesday when he “got too close to an electrical wire that was still running hot,” his sister explained to KPRC Houston.
“It was just a terrible mistake, accident that shouldn’t have happened,” Alyssa Pasek stated. “They were going to wade in the water, they were only in about knee-deep water and walking through the neighbors’ yards because the water was more shallow.”
Pasek, who was simply going to check on his sister’s flooded home and leave food for her cat, warned his friend to stay away just as he was electrocuted.
“He told Sean [his friend], ‘I’m dying. Go away. Don’t help me,’” his mom, Jodell Pasek, stated to KPRC Houston. “He didn’t want him to get electrocuted, too.”
The grieving mom, who also lost a son in a deadly car crash in 1993, noted that she wants others to be aware of the dangers lurking in floodwater.
“He cannot die in vain. I mean we really want to get this out to the public to be aware, to know about the dangers of the water and electricity,” Jodell stated.
“I’m pulling my strength from the fact I’ve been through it once and I can get through it,” she went on to say.
Our prayers go out to Andrews family and friends.