1. Nobody tells you anything about the secret second life your fur-baby will lead when you’re not around.
2. Nobody tells you just how easily startled they get.
3. Nobody tells you how much true joy it gives them to knock your shit onto the floor.
4. Nobody tells you that once you have a ca in your home, you’ll probably never be able to own a plant again because they’ll find a way to completely destroy it.
5. Nobody tells you that the second a bug crawls or flies into your home, your kitty will find it. Immediately and possibly eat it.
6. Nobody tells you just how wild and crazy they get at the most unexpected times.
7. Nobody tells you that when their poop is covered in litter, it looks a lot like Nerds Rope.
8. Nobody tells you just how much they enjoy just lying across keyboards and notebooks, especially when you’re using them.
9. Nobody tells you just how cuddly they truly are, despite their antisocial reputations.
10. Nobody tells you how delightfully weird they can sometimes be — this is one I can’t explain. You’ll know it when you see it.
11. Nobody tells you just how great they are at hiding, and how many times you’ll crap your pants frantically trying to find them.
12. Nobody tells you about the hilarious way they are able to rotate their ears and point them backward like fuzzy little satellite dishes.
13. Sure, perhaps someone told you cats love boxes, but you can’t even begin to fathom just how much until you are able to witness it yourself.
14. Nobody tells you just how many worst-case scenarios you will think up that involve your cat escaping or getting injured when you’re not home.
15. Nobody tells you how fiercely they’ll pursue their human’s dinner — no, that’s not just a dog thing.
16. Nobody tells you just how tremendously catnip actually is.
17. And finally, nobody tells you how heart-warming it is to earn the trust of a cat!