3 Cats Suffered Smoke Inhalation During House Fire in New Hampshire Today (Thursday)

Furnished by Paul MacCallum

Furnished by Paul MacCallum

DERRY, NEW HAMPSHIRE. – Crews rescued three cats who suffered from smoke inhalation Thursday morning in a burning home in Derry.

Residents called 911 at around 3:43 a.m. to report the fire, which originated in the basement.

All five family members were able to leave the burning house safely on their own, but they reported that three cats were still inside, trapped.

Crews put out the blaze and located three cats who were severely overcome by the smoke. Fortunately, they were able to resuscitate all three pets.

Fire officials said they are not sure of the fire’s cause, but said that it did not appear to be suspicious.

No injuries were reported at all.