Cat Reunited With Owner After Getting Stuck Down In 100ft …

SCOTLAND – A mischievous little kitty has recently been reunited with its owner after being a rescued by firefighters after getting stuck down a 100- feet quarry.

Cambus, the short-haired tabby went missing for an entire five days while owner, Frances Fielding was away on holiday.

A member of the public managed to spot the petrified cat standing perilously on a ledge after hearing its calls and immediately phoned the Scottish SPCA (SSPCA).

Firefighters abseiled down a quarry to save a cat in Bridge of Allan.

Firefighters from Bridge of Allan were called in and crews actually had to climb down the Wolf Craig quarry with a pet cage to rescue the pet.

It’s not clear just how long Cambus had been stuck on the ledge and a check-up with the vet following the rescue but thankfully, showed he had sustained no injuries.

Frances stated: “I was on holiday in the Netherlands and Belgium on a river cruise and I had friends who had been looking after Cambus. He sneaked out when their back was turned. They feel terrible about the whole thing, but they shouldn’t. He had probably gone off to find rabbits or something.

“I got back from my holiday and I started putting up missing posters to try and find him.

“I was very relieved to get him back. He’s a wonderful cat. I live alone and he’s my best friend so I was so grateful to get him back.

“I gave the SSPCA a donation and I thanked the firemen who helped rescue him. I popped a note through the door at Bridge of Allan fire station to thank them.”

Frances Fielding has been reunited with her cat Cambus.

The SSPCA worked right along the Bridge of Allan Fire Brigade to rescue the distressed feline shortly after 6 pm on Saturday, April 22.

The cat was then immediately taken away for a check- up in Glasgow – despite the fact that its home was only yards from the quarry where he was trapped.

An Animal Rescue Officer by the name of Kerry Burns explained: “The fire brigade were such a great help and were able to abseil down to the cat which was stuck 30 metres down a quarry.

“Thankfully, the cat was micro-chipped so we were able to return him home. He’d been missing since Sunday, April 16, and his owner, Mrs Fieldings, was overjoyed to have him home.”

Frances now insists she will keep a closer eye on Cambus to stop him from sneaking off.