Everyone Thinks This Cat Died From Being Dyed Pink. But Survived It!
Back in 2015, cat lovers and animal rights activists were shocked and appalled by reports that a cat had died after being dyed pink by its owner for a party.
The cat, who belonged to Russian writer Lena Lenina, reportedly died after licking the “toxic” dye from its fur. It had been dyed for a Pretty In Pink party that September, where all of the guests were encourage to wear pink. That rule included – this cat!
However, according to photographs later uploaded to Lenina’s Instagram account, the cat appeared very much alive with, of course, Its fur is a lighter shade of the fuschia hue of last September.
Writing on Instagram, Lenina went on to slam reports as “outrageous” and criticised media for not contacting her to check whether the cat was still alive.
Reports, which were published by MailOnline, The Mirror, and Metro UK, appear to have originated with local Russian press, and while vets are the alleged sources, no specific people have been named.
According to reports, thousands of people went on to sign an online petition urging police to investigate the matter further.
Lenina has stated earlier that the dye, which she says was administered by professional hairdressers, is designed for animals to prevent licking and that it can actually heal and strengthen cat hair.
However despite hints that the cat is still alive, many continued to bash her for using coloured dye in the first place.
One user commented: “Even if this kitten did not die of the toxic colour, this is how not to treat an animal. Are you stupid?”
We here at The Best Cat Page strongly recommend that pets NOT be dyed or painted, for any reason. Furthermore, cats are NOT accessories. They should NEVER be used to make fashion statements and certainly never used to ‘compliment’ Halloween costumes!