Kitten Who Was Set On Fire at Music Festival Adopted, Becomes Festival’s Mascot!

Oftentimes, it takes the worst in humanity to bring out the best in humanity.

After this adorable kitten was horrifically set on fire during a Canadian music festival, many members of the crowd banded together to rescue her before it was too late.

Music festivals are supposed to be a time of enjoyment for everyone involved, but that wasn’t the case at the Craven Country Jamboree in Saskatchewan, Canada.

According to The Dodo, someone who attended the concert doused a poor kitten in alcohol and set her on fire.

Fortunately for the cat, other concert attendees jumped into action and quickly put out the flames.

The kitten rushed to a local veterinary hospital, where she was appropriately named Jamboree.

Since the episode, two people have since been criminally charged for their actions against this poor kitten, and according to the National Post, the festival organizers are now considering a lifetime ban for the offending party.

For Jamboree, though, there it seems there is a bit of a silver lining in her life in the wake of her horrifying ordeal.

Once the cat was in stable condition, she was adopted by a staff member of the Craven Country Jamboree Festival, and according to the CBC, she’ll serve as the official mascot for the festival in the future!

It’s impossible to understate the horrifying scenario Jamboree went through that horrific day, but she seems ready to enjoy the rest of her life by getting the love she deserves.

Kittens are sweet, lovable creatures, and everyone has to do their part to make sure they’re treated with love and care. Tragic events such as this one that occurred at Craven Country Jamboree are incredibly rare, thankfully, but showing love and affection for kittens should happen every day!