Animals are born with survival instincts to endure all of the harsh elements from nature. Some creatures, however, have true fighting spirits when it comes to wanting to live.
This cat was drenched in concrete by some very cruel people. It was his willpower and a lot of luck that gave him a second chance at life.
One morning Faye Richards was just walking to her front door when she noticed a very strange bundle in front of her house.
“At first I thought it was a screwed-up ball of brown parcel tape that had been blown onto my front step,” Faye explained.
Little did Faye know, she was in for one huge surprise!
Taking a closer look at the package, she came to a terrible realization. What was in front of her was a cat who was completely covered in concrete from head to toe. The cat was in total agony, as his back and face had hardened from the concrete, and he couldn’t even open his eyes.
“It was all over his face and it was absolutely solid,” Faye remembers.
“He couldn’t move. He was crying a lot and shivering. He was really cold,” she went on to explain. Shocked and confused, the mother of two picked up the cat and immediately began to ponder her next course of action.
The terrified ginger cat did not object Faye’s attempts to approach him.
He somehow just seemed to know this stranger was trying to help him. “Most cats if you tried to pick them wouldn’t let you but I was able to just pick him up and cuddle him even though I’d never seen him in my life,” she said.
Faye could only hope the feline was going to be ok.
The owner of three cats herself, Faye seemed to know that time was of the essence. She needed to take the frightened cat to the nearest veterinarian promptly.
The ginger, who was late named Grant, was immediately admitted to The Vet Bristol.
While threat the vet, his fur was completely shaven off, since it was impossible to wash the concrete off the fur. There were remains of concrete right in his eyes as well, so the doctors had to have them flushed out.
The cat clearly was relieved after most of the concrete was removed from his body. Although he wasn’t completely out of danger yet.
Adam Sheridan, who was the vet treating Grant, had other concerns in mind. Sheridan worried about the possibility that the cat might have had inhaled some of the cement dust. He recalls thinking to himself that the kitty “would really be in trouble if he did.”
Luckily for Grant, though, there was no respiratory damage.
Surprisingly, there were no real long-lasting health complications that resulted from the concrete episode. Except, however, a few minor bruises and cuts, Grant was in good shape.
Grant is now doing exceptionally well, but sadly, his owners could not be tracked.
Even though many people claimed to be the real owners of this miraculous cat, oddly enough, none of them had any photos or ownership documents to substantiate their claims. It seems like people were more interested in getting the media coverage that would come from owning this amazing animal.
For now, Grant still lives with Sheridan, his life saver. Sheridan hopes the cat will become a permanent member of his family.