TURKEY – This is the absolutely heartbreaking moment an 83-year-old man hugged his pet kitten after losing everything else he owned in a house fire.
Ali Mese,who is from Ordu Province in the Black Sea region of Turkey, was trying to light his wood stove with gasoline when it caught fire and then burned his house down.
As everything was burning around him, the only comfort he had left was his tiny pet cat.
This powerful and touching photo shows Ali surrounded by the charred remains of his house while clinging on to the only thing he had left.
Neighbors alerted firefighters after they noticed flames coming from the building.
Fortunately, Ali’s family were able to escape with just minor injuries, according to local media.
He also had a handful of other cats living with him at the time of the accident but only one managed to get out alive.
Ali was taken in to a hospital to treat minor burns but was discharged shortly after with a bandaged right hand.
He was later reunited with this one beloved miracle kitty!